BEST PAKISTANI FASHION BRANDS
Pakistani fashion has evolved over the last few decades, and there are many Pakistani fashion brands to choose from. Pakistani fashion for events is diverse and rich, catering to various styles, preferences, and occasions. Brands like Jannan clothing and Khaadi USA are all about being all-inclusive and catering to a mass audience. However, designers have a niche and style they follow throughout their collections!
- FORMAL: Formal wear in Pakistan is often a blend of traditional and modern styles. For women, the popular options include “shalwar kameez” with elaborate embellishments and embroidery, “Anarkali” suits, and “lehenga choli .”Men usually opt for a “sherwani” (a long coat-like garment) paired with trousers.
- SEMI: Semi-formal events in Pakistan usually call for more subdued attire. For women, popular options include “kurtas,” “gowns,” and “sarees .”Men can wear “kurtas” paired with trousers or “shalwar kameez.”
- CASUAL: Casual events in Pakistan call for comfortable yet stylish attire. Women often opt for “kurtas,” “jeans” paired with a trendy top, or “palazzos” (wide-legged pants). Men can wear “jeans” paired with a casual shirt or “shalwar kameez.”
- WEDDING WEAR: Pakistani weddings are grand and lavish affairs, and fashion is no exception. Bridal wear is often heavily embroidered and embellished with intricate details and comes in vibrant red, gold, and maroon colors. Groom’s wear includes “sherwanis” and “kurta pajamas” in rich fabrics such as silk and velvet.
From ready-to-wear clothing to accessories, we have various Pakistani designers with unique styles and ideas. Here are some of the best Pakistani fashion brands Like Khaadi USA that are worth checking out:
- Zainab Chottani: Zainab Chottani is a Pakistani fashion designer designed for celebrities and fashion icons. She has also designed for the Pakistani film industry. Zainab Chottani is the daughter of famous Pakistani actor and producer Nadeem Baig.
- Wasim Akram: Wasim Akram is a Pakistani cricketer who played all game formats. He is regarded as one of the greatest fast bowlers in the history of cricket. Akram was born on 3rd November 1966, in Karachi, Pakistan. He made his Test debut for Pakistan against England at Leeds on 1st August 1986. In 1993 he became the world’s leading wicket-taker with 80 wickets at an average of 18 runs per wicket, which remains his personal best to date!
- Faryal Mehmood: Faryal Mehmood is a Pakistani fashion designer. She started her career in 2004 when she launched her first collection at Karachi Fashion Week. She has designed clothes for celebrities like Meera, Sanam Baloch, and Adnan Siddiqui.
- Aly Khan: Aly Khan is a Pakistani fashion designer who has worked in the industry for over 15 years and is known for his unique designs and high-quality materials. He has won many awards for his compositions, including three Lux Style Awards and being named one of Forbes Magazine’s “30 Under 30” list of influential Pakistani entrepreneurs.
- Misha Lakhani: Misha Lakhani is a Pakistani fashion designer. She was born in Karachi and grew up in Lahore, Pakistan. Her family was textile merchants who moved to London when she was 17. She studied at the National College of Arts, Lahore, and Central Saint Martin’s College of Art and Design in London. Her travels inspire Misha’s work through various countries in Africa, Asia, and Europe, where she collected fabrics from local markets and craftspeople to use for her designs.
- Amna Farooq: Amna Farooq is a Pakistani fashion designer born in Karachi, Pakistan. She is the founder of Amna Farooq Designs, and her designs are inspired by traditional Pakistani culture and heritage. Her collections are known for their vibrant colors and intricate embroidery work.
- Ikram Junaidi: Ikram Junaidi is a fashion designer with her label, Ikram Junaidi. She is known for designing bridal wear and has worked with celebrities such as Ayesha Omer, Maya Ali, and many others. Her travels around the world inspire her collection.
If you’re looking for a way to stand out from the crowd, these Pakistani fashion brands will do just that. From high-end couture to streetwear and everything in between, there’s something for everyone here.
If you want something edgy or unusual, check out Zainab Chottani and Aly Khan. For something more traditional but still fashion-forward, try Wasim Akram or Faryal Mehmood. Amna Farooq is an excellent option if you’re looking for something casual yet chic! And if your style is more on the feminine side of things, then Ikram Junaidi might be right up your alley.